Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why Choose Joomla?
- Joomla is FREE and Open Source
- Joomla has been around for 10 years
- Joomla powers almost 3 % of all websites around the world. It is extremely populaire. There are thousands of Joomla developers if you need technical support.
- Joomla is the most powerful & flexible out of the box. It does more than other Content Management Systems out of the box.
- Joomla installs & updates easily.
- Joomla is easy to learn. There are hundreds of resources for self taught learning: Books, videos, online tutorials etc... or you can be trained one on one by a skilled Joomla trainer or take a course online or in person.
- Joomla offers you the tools to do what you want to do. You do not need to know HTML to build a Joomla site although those with programming skills can customize Joomla further.
- Joomla is mobile friendly, viewable on desktops, tablets and smartphones.
- Joomla has multi-ligual capabilities out of the box. Just install the language of your choice. English is the default language.
- For developers, you can ustomize Joomla without hacking the core using Joomla override features
- There are over 8000 extensions for Joomla extending Joomla versatility and functions. ex. shopping carts, photo galleries, forums, directories etc...
- Joomla has a millions of users worldwide: web developers, user groups and individuals that count on Joomla. Worldwide, Joomla is the second most used CMS. There are thousands & thousands of Joomla resources and developers.
- Joomla is developer friendly making it easy for developers to modify Joomla as needed. Joomla uses the bootstrap framework.
- Joomla has excellent SEO features making it easy for you to index your site in search engines.
- Joomla is secure - Joomla provides regular security updates several times per year that are easy to update. Joomla as well as any extensions, need to be kept up to date.