Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I limit certain users to editing only assigned articles?
see: Joomla 3 Tutorial - Lesson 08 - Administrator Youtube: 5:20
How to I create a new user?
In the Joomla Administrator
- Go to the menu item 'User' > 'User Manager' > 'Add New User'.
Fill out the form
On the 'Account Detail' tab
- Type the 'Name' of user
- Type the 'User Name' (Do not use 'admin' or variations for security reasons.) Type in a very hard password. Weak passwords are one of the main reason sites get hacked. We recommend
- 11 charactors with no words and a mixture of capital & small letters, numbers & symbols
On the 'Assign User Group' tab
- Choose the level of access for this user? The most popular access levels are:
- 'Registered' for front-end login to access password protected sections of your site or
- 'Administrator' if you wish for the user to manage the website.
Click the button 'Save & Close'